Sunday, January 17, 2010

Follow the Money

$395--that's what the 30 minute "consultation" with the cardiologist cost. Unbelievable! Now I'm even more mad about the merry go round that doctors around here prefer to send cancer survivors on when they seek care.

And, more than the money, I resent the high cost of my time. That's worth something too. I have to fit any dr. appt. in around caring for my child and trying to work part time. I want one appt., actually in this case I only wanted one scan.

Instead I had to find time for two dr appts and two scans. And, to move ahead and find out what the odd feeling in my chest might actually be since it isn't my heart, my onc says I need to come in for an appt. with him!

Unbelievable.

I'll be checking out other onc options in the new week. Honestly from what I've seen, once you have cancer you inherit a part-time job keeping your healthcare and insurance working right, likely for the rest of your life. Let me stress this is non-paid and definitely not volunteer.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment